I thought I would continue with quotes relating to relationships. Since the last post had a quote dealing with Ten Commandments for Husbands. I also have a similar ten commandments for human relations.
Ten Commandments for Human Relations
- Speak to people, there is nothing so nice as a cheerful greeting.
2. Call people by name; the sweetest music to anyone’s ears is the sound of their own name.
3. Have humility, there is something to be learned from every individual.
4. Be friendly, if you would have a friend, be one.
5. Be cordial, speak and act as though everything you did is a pleasure.
6. Be sincerly interested in others, you can like almost everybody if you try.
7. Be generous with praise, cautious with critism.
8. Give your word, then keep it.
9. Be considerate of the feelings of others.
10. Be alert to give service, what counts most in life is what we can do for others.
Now none of these are hard to do, but doing them on a regular basis or making them a habit can make our own lives and the lives of those we meet or come in contact with a whole lot easier and simpler.
Just a few short quotes that echo the above commandments. The first is from King GeorgeVI of England.
“The highest of distinctions is service to others.”
King George VI
Also from an english playright, William Shakespeare;
“Condem the fault and not the actor of it.”
Well that is all from me today. So in bidding you Adiu I hope that you find value in what I have shared with you here. Till next time.